Homemade Laundry soap
Yes I "make" our laundry soap! It saves money and works great! Here are a couple of recipes I like to use.
Laundry Soap:
What you'll need-
5 gallon bucket (I drove through Burger King and they gave me one for free)
One bar of grated soap (I use Ivory and grate it w/ my cheese grater)
1/2 C. Borax
1 C Washing soda (I find this @ Kroger by the detergents)
First bring 4 C. water almost to a boil. Add your grated soap and cook until melted. Fill bucket w/ three gallons of hot water and add your 4 C. of soapy water to bucket. Add your 1 C. Washing soda and 1/2 C. Borax and stir for a couple of minutes until dissolved. Let cool overnight- you will have a bucket of slime in the moring that works great as laundry soap! Use about 8 oz. per load.
Laundry Soap the Simple Way!:
2 Gallons Hot Water in large bucket w/ lid
1 Bar Grated Soap (any kind you like)
2 Cups Baking Soda
Bring about 4 C. water to almost a boil and add your grated soap. Stir until melted (this takes a while). Pour your soap mixture into your hot water and stir. Add 2 C. baking soda and stir until dissolved! Let sit over night. Use 1/2 cup for regular loads! That's it! Effective, inexpensive, and easy as pie to make!
I also make our all purpose cleaner- so thought it would be helpful to share as well!
All Purpose Cleaner:
1- 32 oz. spray bottle
1/2 cup liquid dish soap
1/4 C. vinegar
A few drops of Tea Tree Oil
Mix all ingredients in bottle and fill w/ hot water! Works great on everything from windows to carpet! I remove all of our carpet stains w/ this solution and it works better than anything I've ever tried! Tea Tree is a natural dissinfectant, so this also works great on countertops and in your bathroom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Candice is right...we've been using this stuff in our family too and it works wonders! Another cleaning 'wonder' is Ivory soap and hot water gets tar and sharpie off anything! Couches, carpets, hubbie's white dress shirts...that is one item per kiddo for me!!
ReplyDelete